Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] grextras in "next"

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] grextras in "next"
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 17:40:50 -0600

On 02/07/2013 05:29 AM, Sreeraj Rajendran wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was trying to modify some python blocks, coded using grextras, to
> use native gnuradio python block support(as grextras is a  standard
> feature from 3.6.3). I checked wrappers in gr/gateway.py and
> gr.block, set_auto_consume etc seems to be missing. Current grextras
> suggests basic_block, synch_block etc are depreciated. Is grextras
> integrated to gnuradio different or am I missing something?

GrExtras features seem to be so crazy but somehow slowly leak into
gnuradio over time. :-)

So, if you are referencing the grextras the wiki page, I didnt mean to
say that the grextras was deprecated. I know things change at a fast
pace, but since people are using it and I will try to keep it maintained.

The next branch on grextras has functionally the same blocks on the
master branch, but make use of cool features in my scheduler work. So,
Its kind of a different beast.

Anyway, Im going to keep doing awesome things. Sorry for the confusion!

-josh