Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GnuRadio 3.3 on Ubuntu 12.04LTS

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GnuRadio 3.3 on Ubuntu 12.04LTS
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 07:16:27 -0800

On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 10:24 AM, Ed Criscuolo <address@hidden> wrote:

My question is, are there any showstoppers for able to run
GnuRadio 3.3 on Ubuntu 12.04LTS?  My customer _really_ wants all the
SDRs to be the same for CM purposes, and does not have the schedule
time for me to port his custom blocks and flowgraphs from GR3.3 to
GR3.6.

I know over the last year or two there's been a lot of Boost and
Qt version issues, and I want to know if I'm about to paint myself
into a corner here.

Well, I'm not aware of anything that would prevent 3.3 from working on Ubuntu 12.04, but of course I don't think anyone has actually tried it.

The Boost version in 12.04 defaults to 1.46, which has a known bug that affects GNU Radio, but 1.48 is also available on that distro.

Johnathan