[Discuss-gnuradio] Echo Cancellation for USRP?

From: Alex Zhang
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Echo Cancellation for USRP?
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 12:16:44 -0600

Hello Gurus,

My duplex system is using only one frequency but different time slot to let two USRP exchange data. But from the observed receiving waveforms, I found that the received signal is very high and causes the jitter if the receiver keeps receiving its own transmitted signal within its own time slot. This jitter could impact the subsequent time slot for other transmitter, by a tail.
I want to add something like echo cancellation to remove this side-effect. Before that I am wondering if any has done the similar thing. Also,  I don't think the pure software method can solve this problem. Do we have any hardware support for this transmitting close loop issue?

Best Regards,

--

Alex,
Dreams can come true – just believe.