Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] wx GUI problem

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] wx GUI problem
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 14:40:12 -0500

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 2:26 PM, Mihai Chermaneanu <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi. I am just beginning to learn how to use gnuradio. I am currently running Linux 12.04 LTS and installed gnuradio using the script provided by Marcus Leech.
I tried doing a little simulation in gnuradio-companion using a source and two wxgui sinks.

The problem is that when i run my simulation, i can't see the second sink's window entirely, i have a small laptop screen. How or what can i do in order to see the gui better?

Important Note: i recently began using gnuradio and linux, i know really nothing. Please explain like you would explain to a 3 year old.

Thank you!

Ok, so there's this weeedle bitty thingy called the WX GUI Notebook....

You probably didn't exactly mean it like that...

Still, you'll want to use the WX GUI Notebook. Under the 'WX GUI Widgets' just drop a notebook block down on the canvas. When you bring up the properties box, the two most important things are to set the 'ID' and the 'Labels.' Since you only have two sinks you want to see right now, just have two strings in the Labels list.

Now, in your wxgui objects, scroll down until you see 'Notebook'. The format for this is: Notebook ID, position in list.

Say your notebook's ID is 'notebook', you would just put in 'notebook,0' and 'notebook,1' into the Notebook parameters of each wx gui object you have.

Tom