Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Work around for gr.multiply_cc( ) for non NEON en

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Work around for gr.multiply_cc( ) for non NEON enabled ARM devices
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 12:26:50 -0500

The Pi is having some problems running:

sudo volk_profile

It pegs out at 100% and I just cut it at 24 hours.  I am going to reboot and run it on terminal only with it overclocked for the weekend, but do you have any other suggestions?  I was really excited about Volk after reading up on it, but unfortunately it seems to be too much for the RPi.

Thanks

karl

A tangential comment here.  You never need to run ordinary commands as root.  The only part of any source
  code build that usually requires root privilege (via sudo) is the install phase, because that's moving generated
  code into parts of the system that you, as an ordinary user, can't write to.

But running your applications, building code, etc, *don't* require root privilege.

--
Principal Investigator
Shirleys Bay Radio Astronomy Consortium