Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] setting hw number

From: Martin Lülf
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] setting hw number
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 15:56:39 +0100

> Hi All,
>
> I'm unable to get simple_ra to recognize the USRP1.
> I have carried out the check below but do not know how to set the 'hw
> number' in 'simple_ra'
>
> Hope someone is able to help.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Frank
> address@hidden:~$ cat /proc/asound/cards
>  0 [Intel          ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel
>                       HDA Intel at 0xfdff8000 irq 44
> address@hidden:~$

> address@hidden:~$ aplay --list-devices
> card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: VT2020 Analog [VT2020 Analog]
>   Subdevices: 1/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
> card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 2: VT2020 HP [VT2020 HP]
>   Subdevices: 1/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Hi Frank,

you are checking for Audio devices, the USRP is a regular USB device, not
an audio device. You can see information about your USRP hardware with
uhd_find_devices, given you use the UHD to interface your USRP.

Try to find out if simple_ra also works with other devices than sound cards.

Martin