[Discuss-gnuradio] Problem writing custom null sync block

From: maiconkist
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem writing custom null sync block
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 05:42:51 -0800 (PST)

Hi list,

I'm writing a custom null sync block called "file_writer". What I want to do
is dump (to file or screen) what my null sync is receiving).

The problem is that if I use the file_writer in a flow graph, after the
"work" function is executed a few times it starts to receive the same input
forever.

I created a simple flow graph in gnuradio-companion that shows the FFT of
the signal received in a USRP source.
When I modify the generated python code and insert the file_writer right
after a stream_to_vector block, the flow graph "hangs" and process the same
data over and over again.

Any suggestions of what is missing ?

Here's the code of my simple block:

####
class file_writer(gr.sync_block):
        ## CTOR
        #
        def __init__(self, filename, vec_size):
                gr.sync_block.__init__(
                                self,
                                "file name block",
                                in_sig = [np.dtype((np.float32, vec_size))],
                                out_sig = None
                                )

                self._fd = open(filename, 'w')
                self._filename = filename

        def work(self, input_items, output_items):
                in0 = input_items[0]

                print "###### ",  len(in0)
                print in0

                return len(output_items)