[Discuss-gnuradio] calc_metric in digital_constellation_receiver

From: Manu T S
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] calc_metric in digital_constellation_receiver
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 19:06:41 +0530

I want to use trellis codes along with generic_mod_demod.

1. Can I replace the constellation_receiver object with a trellis_metric followed by a viterbi? If so is it required to have an operation equivalent to phase correction in constellation_receiver? How can I do that?

2. There is a function for metric calculation inside constellation_receiver. Can I use it to implement viterbi?

Thanks in advance

--
Manu T S