[Discuss-gnuradio] Scheduler Question

From: Almohanad Fayez
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Scheduler Question
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 01:54:56 -0500

I've been reading through the code in gnuradio-core/runtime for a few days to understand the internal workings of the gnuradio scheduler.  It seems to me that gnuradio was originally based on a synchronous dataflow (sdf) model of computation and the single thread schedule is an SDF sequential runtime schedule, or a periodic admissible sequential schedule (PASS), and the thread per block schedule is a parallel SDF scheduler, or a parallel admissible parallel schedule (PAPS).

Does this sound like an accurate description of the schedulers and underlying gnuradio model of computation or am I reading too much into it?  thanks

--
Almohanad (Al) Fayez