Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Radio frequency range description list?

From: Andre-John Mas
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Radio frequency range description list?
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 05:09:30 +0000

I have made a first attempt here:

If you have any ideas on how to improve on this, please let me know.

From: address@hidden
To: address@hidden
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 01:13:17 +0000

Hi,

Has anyone created a machine parsable file that lists radio frequencies and what is covered by that range?

At the simplest level I am thinking of something that would include country code, a frequency range and the identifier to what that range is, and possibly a string indicating typical data encoding. The idea being when using a UI, such as Gqrx you would be able to have a label identifying what sort of data you should be seeing and in other cases use this information for automatically loading the right configuration(s) for handling that frequency range.

Andre