Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio bug tracker update

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio bug tracker update
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 20:39:09 -0700

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 8:10 PM, Ben Reynwar <address@hidden> wrote:

throwing an exception inside gr_hier_block2 ctor leads to a crash at exit
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/issues/528

Eric Blossom (yes) and I have been working on this one for some time now.  We already know exactly what/why the problem is occurring, but haven't figured out yet how to solve it.  We've determined there likely isn't a way to fix the current code, but need to come up with an entirely different way of solving the original problem the broken code was put in to address (calling boost::shared_from_this() before a class constructor completes is not supported by Boost).

Ideas welcome.

--
Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Labs - SDR Training and Development Services