Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Why other correlators(ml or pnac) can not work in

From: Ben Hilburn
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Why other correlators(ml or pnac) can not work in ofdm example except for Schmidl and Cox correlator(default)?
Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 10:41:30 -0700

Hi Yingjie Chen -

If your schedule requires that the code work, then feel free to hack on it and make it work! That's the beauty of open source. You could then contribute your code back to the community, thus helping everyone that has put effort into making GNURadio what it is, today =)

Cheers,
Ben

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 2:09 AM, Yingjie Chen <address@hidden> wrote:
Thanks for you reply. Can you tell me what should I do next? Update the code or other things? Cause I am very urgent with my project and need to use other correlator(like pnac). Thanks in advance.

2013/5/2 Martin Braun (CEL) <address@hidden>
On Thu, May 02, 2013 at 04:52:53PM +0800, Yingjie Chen wrote:
> I have checked the code in ofdm_receiver.py and found that gnuradio uses
> Schmidl and Cox as default correlator for frame detection. However, when I
> change to other correlators like ml or pnac,the receiver cannot receiver any
> more. Is there any problem with that? Thanks so much.

The OFDM code is under heavy maintenance right now. The code you're
inspecting is a bit outdated and it's quite likely it doesn't work
properly.

MB

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)