Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] scheduled transmission using tx_timed_samples.cpp

From: Sam mite
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] scheduled transmission using tx_timed_samples.cpp
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 10:12:44 +0500

> Setting device timestamp to 0...
> Start time is 0  7.801e-05
> Sent packet: 363 samples
> Sent packet: 199 samples

You will see the prints ASAP because the packets go out to the device
ASAP. This means sent to device, not necessarily transmitted.

> However, effect is observed on the following output
>
> Waiting for async burst ACK... success
> Done!
>
> End time is 5  0.00197141.

The time printed here after the ack is a little larger than 5 seconds,
so you can see that the USRP must have held off transmission until 5
seconds and then send the ACK for the end of burst.

-josh

Thanks josh, I got the idea. Also, I verified by looking at the LED "A" on USRP N210, which lights almost after 5 seconds. :)

I thought this should be discussed on gnruadio, so added gnuradio list. I want to convert tx_timed_samples.cpp into python. Can I do that? How can I make a "multi_usrp" ? Also, How can I use a block's data instead of buffer ?
e.g
tx_stream->send(DATA_FROM_SOME_BLOCK_IN_FLOWGRPAH, samps_to_send, md, timeout);

Further, what could be the minimum value of "seconds_in_future" ? In my case, When I set it to 0.3 or below I get following

Waiting for async burst ACK... fail

What does it mean ?

Thanks

--