[Discuss-gnuradio] gr-ctrlport and multiple applications

From: Alexandru Csete
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-ctrlport and multiple applications
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 10:42:26 +0200

Greetings,

Today, we can configure gr-ctrlport to use a specific port. Doing so
leads to a problem when trying to execute more than one gnuradio
application even if they are not explicitly using controlport. The
first application will take control of the network socket and the
second will fail to start with:

RuntimeError: Network.cpp:1104: Ice::SocketException:
socket exception: Address already in use

According to Ice documentation, I can specify a different
configuration file for each application using ICE_CONFIG environment,
but this seems to be overruled by the gnuradio runtime.

Is there a way to configure controlport so that application A uses one
port, application B uses another port, etc.?

Is it possible to disable controlport at runtime?

Alex