Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] where is gnuradio-examples/python/pfb?

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] where is gnuradio-examples/python/pfb?
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 18:08:53 +0100

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 12:15 AM, LD Zhang <address@hidden> wrote:
> I find the example at the online page
> http://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/page_pfb.html very helpful (code at the end
> of the page). It runs and generates nice plots. Still trying to get used to
> it.

Great!

> But the code at gr-filter/python/pfb.py does not run. It appears to be a
> module? How do I run it or use it?

That's not a Python file that is designed to be run from the command
line. It gets installed and provides helper hier_block2 classes to
make using the PFB code easier. So you would use it in a program like
filter.pfb.channelizer_ccf(...).

Look at the examples in gr-filter/examples, not at this file.

> Also what does gr-filter/python/qa_pfb_channelizer.py do? Some of this trace
> to pfb_channelizer_ccf.cc code? What does "blks2" relate to this and other
> examples?
>
> Thanks for explaining,
>
> LD

Yes, the QA code is our quality assurance code that is executed during
'make test'. But they can be useful to show you how to use the blocks.

The blks2 is a set of classes created in
gnuradio-core/src/python/gnuradio/blks2impl, including some of the
original PFB stuff that is now moved into gr-filter completely. Note
that we have deleted blks2 from GNU Radio on the next branch (and
therefore in 3.7), so this will all be replaced by things like
filter.pfb....

Tom