[Discuss-gnuradio] Something for "next" in the GUI area

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Something for "next" in the GUI area
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 10:51:49 -0400

The ability to set your own axis-labelling function for the FFT display would be useful for certain types of applications where the frequency is actually
  interpreted as something else--like doppler shift, for example.

I'm thinking that you could pass a function that takes the generated list of frequencys, and the current center frequency:

axis_label_function (float listoffreqs[], float center_freq)

returns float listoflabels[]

or perhaps

returns string listoflabels[]

This is obviously driven by my radio astronomy stuff, but I imagine that radar applications and others might want "weird" axis labels on the
  FFT display.

Similarly it should be easy to change the Axis title to something other than the default.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator