Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question about UHD driver

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question about UHD driver
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 14:06:42 -0400

I am wondering if the UHD driver has the ability to create multiple copies of the stream in memory???

Let's say I have a flow-graph that has two branches, the first pushes complex data to an FFT, whereas the second demodulates a portion of that data into AM.

Does the driver supply a single stream, which is then copied by the application?  Or does it create two copies of the stream and allow each branch of the flow-graph to manipulate the data via pointers?

I'm digging into DMA to see if this is possible, I would be surprised if there was a limitation here.

Regards,

Mark McCarron
The UHD driver provides a single stream to the Gnu Radio interface.

Any "branching" of that stream is handled by the Gnu Radio scheduler, and completely outside the control or knowledge of UHD.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator