[Discuss-gnuradio] recommended DSP reading

From: Marc Newlin
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] recommended DSP reading
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 13:46:40 -0700

Hello,

I'm looking for recommended reading to better by understanding of DSP. I'm nearing the end of The Scientist and Engineer's Guide to Digital Signal Processing, and have found it to be an excellent resource on the fundamentals. I'm hoping to follow it up with a book or two to with a deeper focus on DSP algorithms / filter design / SDR.

I have a solid background in programming, but no college math or signal processing, so I'm hoping to find some material that focuses more on application than theory. I would normally take the time to learn the requisite math beforehand, but I'm under a time constraint from the DARPA spectrum challenge.

What books (or online resources) would you recommend?

Thanks,

Marc