Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Budget Radio Telescope: DRAFT document

From: Carles Fernandez
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Budget Radio Telescope: DRAFT document
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 16:54:00 +0200

Dear Marcus,

thanks for sharing this document. It happens that I'm writing a paper about the use of RTL2832U-based dongles applied to software radio (well, specifically about their use as GNSS receivers), and I would like to reference your work on radioastronomy as a example of other possible uses of those dongles. ¿What would be the correct way to reference it? Do you have any paper already published, or do you plan to publish something in the following months? I can refer this document you sent as "Unpublised work", but maybe you prefer that I cite another reference. Please let me know. I have to deliver my paper next September, so there is still time in case you are planning to submit your work somewhere.

For the curious minds, those dongles have been already used for building software-defined oscilloscopes and spectrum analyzers, to the identification of interference sources, FM and AM demodulation, Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B) decoding, LTE cell scanning, an Automatic Identification System (AIS) receiver for electronic tracking, and even downloading NOAA satellite pictures. It seems that I should add radioastronomy to that list!

Best regards,
Carles