Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Converting gnuradio-companion designs to gnuradio

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Converting gnuradio-companion designs to gnuradio 3.7
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 21:18:46 -0500

> We don't have a way of doing automatic conversions from 3.6 to 3.7. It
> should be possible, as Josh suggested in a parallel response here, if
> someone wants to help us out (we can provide a spread sheet with the
> list of blocks and where they are now).
>
> For now, though, we've provided some help by renaming blocks in 3.6 if
> they are of the "old" style. So my best advice is to reinstall 3.6 and
> open up your flowgraphs. You'll see "(old)" in the name of the block,
> which indicates that it won't be there in 3.7. So you can update this
> with the 3.7 style block to be forward compatible.
>
> See this page for help:
> http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/Move_3-6_to_3-7

I put together a little set of compatibility headers. Its certainly not
complete, just install this and I was able to compile gr-baz w/o changes
when using the gnuradio next branch:

https://github.com/guruofquality/grcompat

So if anyone gives grcompat a try on their out of tree project, and
finds a missing header or so, send it over. I think this will help
smooth the transition.

Some of the find modules for gnuradio differ a bit. For another project
I had to manually add these arguments to the cmake configure:
 -DGRUEL_INCLUDE_DIRS=/usr/local/include/grcompat
-DGNURADIO_CORE_INCLUDE_DIRS=/usr/local/include/grcompat

-josh