Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Performing callback function in GRC

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Performing callback function in GRC
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 13:28:19 -0400

On 05/28/2013 01:15 PM, Josh Blum wrote:

I guess at some point, the builtin GRC functionality isnt smart enough.
I think you could obtain this with some custom python code. For example,
howabout a custom xml for grc that calls
self.my_usrp_source_block_id.set_user_reg, but all caches the address so
it doesnt give extra calls when the user makes gui changes.

You can put pretty much anything inside those<make></make>  tags, so I
am imagining a class with a callback that does the right logic.

-josh

I've done that sort of thing, but without the XML.

It would be nice for there to be a mechanism for getting access to a blocks object handle for "helper" code, for doing things like calling getter methods so that "helper" python code can do things based on calls to an objects "parametric" methods (that is, non-data-path).

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator