[Discuss-gnuradio] Sampling rate in USRP 1

From: Karan Talasila
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Sampling rate in USRP 1
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 20:21:14 +0530

Hi,
    I am using USRP 1 for an application. I am using complex baseband representation, so i am setting bandwidth almost equal to the sampling rate. But many times i see that when i set the sample rate I get target sampling rate is different from actual sampling rate. I checked the wiki, it says 64Msps/N should be an integer. How should i decide the value of N so that the division is an integer. what is the significance of N?

Secondly I have a doubt on samples/symbol. If I use complex baseband and say bpsk modulation, i set bits/symbol as one. should i set samples/symbol as 2 as there is one sample in I and one in Q. So is it default 2 samples/symbol or does it depend on anything else.

Thank you.

--
Regards
Karan Talasila