Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] half duplex set_auto_tx timing problems

From: Miklos Maroti
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] half duplex set_auto_tx timing problems
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 19:50:02 -0500

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for the quick comments. Yes, I totally agree that using full
duplex with RX2 and TX/RX would be the ideal way to go, and as you say
I can easily ignore and synchronize with my own transmissions. The
problem is that I am required to use a single antenna, so I have to do
a half duplex solution with all its warts and synchronization
problems.

As for the switching time, I do not care if the switches (or the FPGA)
introduce deterministic delays, I can cope with that.

You mention that the state machine is set up in the daughter card
setup driver. Is this the file in
"host/lib/usrp/dboard/db_sbx_common.cpp" for the SBX board? Is this
code used for USRP2 and not only for USRP1?

Best,
Miklos