Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Sampling glitch in the RX path

From: John Malsbury
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Sampling glitch in the RX path
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 09:16:33 -0700

If there are no overruns, you are most likely not dropping samples.  The switch from rx to tx and back will not impact the received sample stream.  Increase your packet lead time from 10 ms.  Keep in mind that the PC will have some process jitter so that actual transfer of the burst may vary from the nominal 10 ms lead you're asking for.  If the PC is a little slow, or the OS is busy doing something else, you might deliver a late packet.

Anyway, once you've got the system working consistently, you can working on optimizing things for lower latency (lead time).

-John