Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Installing Hierarchical Blocks

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Installing Hierarchical Blocks
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 10:50:18 -0400

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 1:45 AM, Bastian Bloessl
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm working on a OOT module and created a hierarchical block in GRC. I
> wonder if there is a nice way to include it in the installation process.
>
> Currently, the user would have to open the hier block in GRC, build it,
> restart GRC and open the actual flow graph that is utilizing the hier block.
>
> Should I somehow compile it with grcc during installation?
>
> Best,
> Bastian

Basian,

Yes, you should be able to make a Cmake rule to run grcc on the .grc
file to build the Python file. That could be done either during cmake
time or compile time (depends on how you want to go with it; possibly
whichever you find easier to add to the cmake files). By the end of
cmake/make, you'd have a .py file. So you would also just have a rule
to install this .py file like you would any other Python file.

Tom