Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with all the functionalities (uhd_fft, gn

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with all the functionalities (uhd_fft, gnuradio-companion etc) after installing gr-gras
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 12:40:12 -0400

On 06/11/2013 11:42 AM, Jay Prakash wrote:
> Hi!
> Today I reinstalled using gr-gras and gr-extra.
>
> But now there is some volk problem.
> "
> UHD Warning:
>     Unable to set the thread priority. Performance may be negatively
> affected.
>     Please see the general application notes in the manual for instructions.
>     EnvironmentError: OSError: error in pthread_setschedparam
> *
> Using Volk machine: sse4_2_32_orc
> ASSERT FAIL
> /home/electron/Downloads/gras/lib/gras_impl/output_buffer_queues.hpp:140
>     total_idle_times[i] <= (time_now() - _init_time)
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
>   what():  ASSERT FAIL total_idle_times[i] <= (time_now() - _init_time)
> Aborted* "
>
> Help me out.

Volk is fine, I think its an indication that the getclocktime monotonic
is not working correctly, or I have some bad math involving the time.
Thats just an assertion to check the the total time port i was idle was
less than the total time the object has been in existence. Seems like a
sane thing to assert on.

For the quick fix, its totally fine to comment out that line.

I wonder if clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC, &ts); is working for your system?

And can you tell me what OS and version are you using?

-josh