Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] simple_arq (single packet loss)

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] simple_arq (single packet loss)
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 21:38:12 -0400

On 06/13/2013 09:34 PM, Yogesh Dahiya wrote:
> I have written this simple_arq block which sends a packet wait for ack
> before sending other. I have created a hier block for physical layer (I
> have tested the physical layer its working) but the mac block is not
> receiving.
> Why is it so that when we send a single packet it gets lost but when we
> send multiple packet every packet is received?

When it works, are the multiple packets directly one after another? AKA
back-to-back?

If so, a few quick thoughts:

Perhaps there is an issue with ramp up or ramp down transition period,
which causes packet header or trailer corruption.

If you pad extra samples onto the front and back of a transmit burst,
does that help the single packet case?

-josh