Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Cannot import gnuradio

From: Marcus Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Cannot import gnuradio
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 18:42:06 +0000 (UTC)

I'll point out that build-gnuradio uses sudo ldconfig judiciously, to deal with this issue...

on Jun 19, 2013, Josh Blum <address@hidden> wrote:

On 06/19/2013 08:57 AM, Marcus D. Leech wrote:
> On 06/19/2013 02:22 AM, Favati wrote:
>> Il 15/06/2013 13:02, Tanaga Biru ha scritto:
>>> Dear Helper,
>>>
>>> I had installed GNU Radio, but when I run gnuradio-companion in Ubuntu
>>> Terminal, I received the following message:
>>>
>>> *Cannot import gnuradio.*
>>>
>>> *Is the python path environment variable set correctly?
>>> *
>>> *All OS: PYTHONPATH*
>>> *
>>> *
>>> *Is the library path environment variable set correctly?*
>>> *Linux: LD_LIBRARY_PATH*
>>> *Windows: PATH*
>>> *MacOSX: DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH*

I'm thinking this message could also hint at that magic incantation of
sudo ldconfig.

But seriously, run sudo ldconfig, the OS pretends not to know about
installed libraries until the cache is updated.

-josh