[Discuss-gnuradio] benchmark_rate issue

From: Jay Prakash
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] benchmark_rate issue
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 09:12:42 +0530

I am doing spectrum sensing at 8MHz sampling rate using N210 series.

I have 4 USRPs accessible via switch.
But on setting sample rate as high as 8 MHz the code runs for few seconds and comes out with UHD Error.

I did benchmark test as follows:-

./benchmark_rate --args="addr=10.32.19.159" --rx_rate 3e6 --tx_rate 3e6

Report:-
"UUUUUUUUOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"
Benchmark rate summary:
  Num received samples:    27897639
  Num dropped samples:     2395800
  Num overflows detected:  660
  Num transmitted samples: 29685777
  Num sequence errors:     0
  Num underflows detected: 74568
note:-There were many "UUU"s than pasted.

./benchmark_rate --args="addr=10.32.19.159" --rx_rate 5e6 --tx_rate 5e6

Report:-
Using Device: Single USRP:
  Device: USRP2 / N-Series Device
  Mboard 0: N210r4
  RX Channel: 0
    RX DSP: 0
    RX Dboard: A
    RX Subdev: SBXv3 RX
  TX Channel: 0
    TX DSP: 0
    TX Dboard: A
    TX Subdev: SBXv3 TX

UHD Warning:
    Unable to set the thread priority. Performance may be negatively affected.
    Please see the general application notes in the manual for instructions.
    EnvironmentError: OSError: error in pthread_setschedparam

UHD Warning:
    Unable to set the thread priority. Performance may be negatively affected.
    Please see the general application notes in the manual for instructions.
    EnvironmentError: OSError: error in pthread_setschedparam

Testing receive rate 5.000000 Msps
OTesting transmit rate 5.000000 Msps

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOt erminate called after throwing an instance of 'uhd::runtime_error'
  what():  RuntimeError: fifo ctrl timed out looking for acks
Aborted

How can I achieve higher sample rate on my system?
Is it mainly due to switch in between?