[Discuss-gnuradio] Trouble building stuff with build-gnuradio

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Trouble building stuff with build-gnuradio
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 19:51:12 -0400

If you've been having trouble today getting a successful build out of build-gnuradio, please update your copy of build-gnuradio and try again.

The "main" branch was updated to 3.7.0 and I didn't know that, so build-gnuradio was dutifully fetching "main", and then fetching various OOT modules (gr-osmosdr, gr-iqbal, etc) at their 3.6 API versions, and the result was an explosion of build failures.

Also, the previous 3.7 build left little bits of "deadly detritus" lying around in /usr/local/include/gnuradio which would then cause subsequent 3.6 OOT module builds to fail, depsite GR having been changed back to 3.6.

So, build-gnuradio now "deals" with said detritus prior to doing the "make install" inside the actual Gnu Radio build bits.

I sure hope the pybombs folks are paying attention :) :)

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator