[Discuss-gnuradio] 3.16k constant in simple_fm_rcv

From: Ethan Trewhitt
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] 3.16k constant in simple_fm_rcv
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 21:56:25 -0400

This is a question primarily for Marcus D. Leech (aka patchvonbraun):

In your simple_fm_rcv project, you have a "Multiply Const" block that contains the constant 3.16k whenever stereo is enabled. I presume this is used to amplify the level of the "L - R" signal to reach the ideal level of separation between the channels. How did you arrive at that constant, i.e. what is it based on? I haven't been able to find any official spec that explains how much the L-R signal should be amplified. Thanks in advance.

Ethan