[Discuss-gnuradio] Static compilation of GNU radio

From: John Wilson
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Static compilation of GNU radio
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 15:16:23 +0100

Hey guys,

I wonder whether anyone has done this before/can help me out. I'm looking to compile GNURadio with all static libraries, so that there are zero .so dependencies. I've been playing around with CMake, but it looks like the linker order is wrong for compiling against static libraries:

What CMake is generating is:
<COMPILER> <OBJECT>.o -o <TARGET> -l<LIB1> -l<LIB2> etc.

This works for shared libs, but I believe the linker will search for libraries specified before the target on the command line, it's coming up with undefined refs using static libs at the moment.

What I think my binutils needs is:
<COMPILER> <OBJECT>.o -l<LIB1> -l<LIB2> etc. -o <TARGET>

i.e. how can I coerce cmake to generate link scripts with the target at the end of the line (or at least, after the libraries)

Cheers,

John