[Discuss-gnuradio] Pilot Subcarrier in new OFDM PHY

From: YAXIONG XIE
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Pilot Subcarrier in new OFDM PHY
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2013 21:31:42 +0800

Hi all,
     I am using the new OFDM PHY to get data from USRP. The new OFDM PHY is using pilot subcarrier. I think that it using the pilot because it want using pilot to help decode the data subcarrier. But when I checking the source code in the channel equalizer, I didn't find any code that using pilot to help decoding.
   According my opinion, the equalizer just updating the channel state and didn't do anything except that. We should do interpolation using the pilot subcarrier channel state to help decoding the data, right? But the source code didn't do that.
   So I am wondering why the new ofdm PHY code using the pilot.
   Thanks
   Yaxiong

--

Yaxiong Xie

School of Computer Engineering

Nanyang Technological University, Singapore