Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio (etc) via MacPorts Update

From: Peter
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio (etc) via MacPorts Update
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 19:05:41 +0000 (UTC)

I tried to reply once before but I don't see it anywhere. First of all,
thank you Michael (and others) for all your work on gnuradio. I am
trying to get my feet wet in SDR. I have a dongle that works with
gqrx (I can hear radio stations). I am trying to get gnuradio working
 to expand my options for processing/analysis/decoding. I have macports
installed and used

sudo port install gnuradio

which does not report any errors. The only new file I find in
 /opt/local/bin is gnuradio-config-info which seems to work properly.
Problem is that I can't do anything else. I tried to run the examples
in /opt/local/share/gnuradio/examples/filter but get the error message

ImportError: No module named gnuradio

indicating that the python modules were not created or put in the
wrong place-- I have tried searching my other python installs to no
 avail. I can't find the scripts to do things like uhd_fft.py. FWIW,
my selected python install is the macports 2.7 version.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.