[Discuss-gnuradio] help QAM

From: tom sutherland
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] help QAM
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 11:10:45 -0700 (PDT)

I have a simple 16QAM project. I want to do audio but for right now I have a signal source "constant"  input to the QAM module. I am trying to display the constellation diagram but it's not displaying what I think it should. I have a few questions....
1) I would think that inputing a constant value into the QAM module would produce a single point, it doesn't, it puts up a grouping of 8 points of the 16 possible locations. I am trying to verify the input verses output.

2) The QAM module expects a "char" type which I assume is 4 bits. If I have 8-bit (byte) data from a audio source, how do I feed the QAM module?

3) How do I setup a QAM-Demod module to produce an output?  I don't seem to get anything out that resembles the input.

Thanks...Tom