[Discuss-gnuradio] SIP, PyQt, PyQWT API Conflicts

From: Joe
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] SIP, PyQt, PyQWT API Conflicts
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 01:49:25 +0000 (UTC)

Hi All-

I'm having issues adding a QT Range block into my flow graph.

Sine Signal -> Low Pass Filter -> QT Sink

with filer bandwidth hard code, the flowgraph runs without an issue, but when I replace the bandwidth with a variable that is controlled by a QT Range block I receive the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "top_block.py", line 17, in <module>
    import PyQt4.Qwt5 as Qwt
File "/usr/local/Cellar/python/2.7.5/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PyQt4/Qwt5/__init__.py", line 32, in <module>
    from Qwt import *
RuntimeError: the sip module implements API v10.0 but the PyQt4.Qwt5.Qwt module requires API v8.1

Here are the details about my environment:

I'm running gnuradio on a Mac, compiled gnuradio and dependancies from source with Homebrew with the following versions:

        gnuradio 3.7 (clone from git branch on 7/6)
        python 2.7.5
        swig 2.0.10
        numpy 1.7.1
        qt 4.8.4
        qwt 6.0.1
        pyqt 4.10.2
        pyqwt 5.2.0

I've searched best I can for a solution to this, but it appears that pyqwt is no longer being actively maintained, so it is unclear how the API implementations will be updated. Are others experiencing this issue or have developed a workaround to be able to use the QT Range block?

Thanks!
Joe