Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Scheduler Issues with Branch Prediction

From: Marcus Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Scheduler Issues with Branch Prediction
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 17:12:28 +0000 (UTC)

Indeed, if branch-prediction misses in the CPU caused actual visible effects to
data integrity, thousands and thousands of bits of software would be negatively
impacted, not just Gnu Radio and not
   just multi-threaded applications.

All of the CPU-implementation "tricks" that are buried in the CPU, like
branch-prediction, out-of-order execution, pipelining, are completely and
utterly transparent to executing code.  If that weren't
  the case, then there'd be chaos.