[Discuss-gnuradio] Question on using UHD Source Block to transmit accura

From: LD Zhang
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question on using UHD Source Block to transmit accurate PM signal
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 14:14:58 -0700

Hi,

I would like to use the N210 LFTX daughterboard  to transmit bi-phase modulated signal. The phase switching need to be done accurately in a real-time sense, that is, the switching times has to be as accurate as possible, which means it should be controlled by the master clock of the N210.

From Gnuradio, I see the UHD source block. But it doesn’t take any input. My question really is: Gnuradio does things on the host computer, but the right thing to do is to do the real-time phase modulation on the LFTX daughterboard, to ensure hardware-controlled timing performance.

I don’t see a clear way to do this from the gnuradio interface. Are there any code examples or examples similar to the hardware-control aspect? Maybe people have done some python code that performs this kind of board-level manipulation that is controlled by the master clock?

Thanks,

LD