Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Duplex daughter

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Duplex daughter
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 16:53:48 -0400

On 07/26/2013 03:42 PM, Dong Wang wrote:
Hi Marcus,

Thanks so much.
I think the 1 second time delay is mainly because I need to write the received data (both before detection and detected) in files to measure the channel. I created two files to write the "before detection data" in one and the "detected data" in another one.
Is there any metheod that can record the data to reduce the time delay?
I am hoping for your suggestion.

Best regards!

Dong Wang

I think you just need to learn more about Gnu Radio, GRC, and perhaps software-development methodologies in general.

If you describe in more detail what it is you're trying to do, there are others on this list who may have gone down that road before, or will
  recognize similarities.

But I'll say this again, without meaning any offence to anyone. SDR/DSP very often is a deeply-technical thing. Without sufficient knowledge in a number of disciplines, including RF and analog system design, digital-signal processing, real-time software development, operating systems concepts and systems engineering, and software development methodologies in general, progress on any particular project is likely to be slow
  and sometimes painful.

GRC/Gnu Radio are great tools, as are other, similar, tools, like SimuLink and so on. But success isn't just about the tools, it's about the experience of the person wielding the tools. The discuss-gnuradio mailing list is a diverse place, but it cannot be a substitute for education/experience in some of the disciplines that aren't really directly related to host-based digital signal processing, but are absolutely necessary to be successful.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator