Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] MacPorts and out-of-tree modules

From: Peter Horvath
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] MacPorts and out-of-tree modules
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 23:45:45 -0500

Hi Michael,

thanks for the quick and extensive reply.
Using otool I could see that my OOT module got linked to the system
Python instead of the macports Python.
I can cure this by adding -DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE=... etc. to the cmake
command line, and now everything links and runs correctly. I'm very
happy and I can work on my OOT stuff using your port. I also managed to
use llvm instead of Clang. So it seems the same catch applies for OOT
modules as well: I should let cmake explicitly know where to find the
appropriate Python, otherwise everything is just fine.

This single forgotten OOT module (inadvertently linked to system Python
and left installed in /usr/local) broke everything, crashed Python when
I tried to add /usr/local/... to PYTHONPATH.
Best regards,
Peter