Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gqrx in MacPorts Updated

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gqrx in MacPorts Updated
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 19:45:03 -0400

Hi Ian - I'm responding back to the broad list because this seems to be a
common issue.

To get USRP support (via UHD), you currently have to use variants, e.g., +uhd.
I use +full as my usual, to get everything that can be installed with the port
(do "port info gnuradio +full" or "port info gr-osmosdr +full" to see what each
will supply).

What do MacPorts users think: Should I make +full the default for those ports,
or should I leave them as is and force users to select which variants they want
installed?

BTW> I removed that WARNING from below last week.  You can get the update via:
{{{
sudo port selfupdate
}}}
and then I generally recommend doing:
{{{
sudo port upgrade outdated
}}}
to update all ports that have been version or revision bumped between the last
install and the current state. - MLD