[Discuss-gnuradio] Why the Qam modulation cannot work well in ofdm bench

From: Yingjie Chen
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Why the Qam modulation cannot work well in ofdm benchmark example?
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 19:23:33 -0700

Hi guys,

Recently, I have conducted a project based on ofdm benchmark. However, when I use the high modulation rate like qam16 and qam64, the packet error rate increase significantly. I guess the reason is that the preamble in gunradio is too weak to do channel estimation, thereby raising the  packet error rate.

Furthermore, even though I test the example offline without going through the channel, the packet error rate  still very high, which make me feel confused. It is supposed to perform normally offline, without any decoding error right?

Best,
Kay