Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute

From: Martin Braun (CEL)
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'square3_ff'
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 17:06:21 +0100

On Sun, Nov 03, 2013 at 03:58:47PM +0200, Aydin Tarik Zengin wrote:
> Now I'm able to add running blocks.

Good :)

> However, if I want to add a block written only in Python - there are no C++
> files -,  I add it with gr_modtool,
>
> gr_modtool add -t sync -l python square3_ff
>
> Then it gives the following error,
>
> You have called ADD_LIBRARY for library gnuradio-howto without any source
> files. This typically indicates a problem with your CMakeLists.txt file
> CMake Error: CMake can not determine linker language for target:gnuradio-howto
> CMake Error: Cannot determine link language for target "gnuradio-howto".

The oot-module templates are not designed for not having C++ blocks.
The way the CMake templates are set up is that there is at least one C++
block.
You can always remove the 'lib' folder from your module (and the make
system); that should work if you only have Python blocks. If this is
generally considered a bug, we could add some checks in the CMake files
to catch this case.

MB

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)