Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio LiveDVD 2013-1110 (based on 3.7.2)

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio LiveDVD 2013-1110 (based on 3.7.2)
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 09:33:02 +0100

I don't support the "let's keep our eyes closed" approach.
Everyone that generates a product or service he intends to sell is (should be) aware of the fact that he has to care about foreign rights (patents, especially) can be involved. The inclusion of such software on a scientific/free live dvd is quite unspectacular, I guess. Unless someone starts selling products bundled with that DVD. But I think everyone involved with selling GR-related product has quite a nice idea of the intellectual property involved in designing signal processing hard- and software.

Greetings
Marcus