Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FOSDEM '14 - Call for Participation

From: Martin Braun (CEL)
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FOSDEM '14 - Call for Participation
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 15:06:42 +0100

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 06:32:28PM +0100, Martin Braun (CEL) wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> once again, I'd like to invite everyone to submit presentations!
> We are very open to anything you have, and the slots don't have fixed
> lengths, so be it short or long, tutorial or presentation, come and
> participate!

Since I've been getting lots of questions regarding this, here's the
FAQ:

* What do I have to submit?

For the CfP deadline (1.12.) we only need a short abstract, a title and
an approx. duration (usually 30 mins). Basically, we need to know who's
definitely coming and what they're talking about, so we can make a nice
schedule, perhaps group the presentations by subject etc.

This takes about 5 Minutes, as we don't need any slides etc. right now.
(But you have to sign up to Pentabarf).

* What kind of presentation are you expecting?

We're very open here. Most of the presentations will probably be along
the lines of "here's cool project X I've been working on", which is
great. We want to see lots of different cool projects X, Y and Z!

However, if you want do do a tutorial, a group experiment etc., why not?
Or a contest? Perhaps contact us outside of Pentabarf if it's too funky.

* Relevant dates?

CfP deadline is December 1st, Notification December 20th and the actual
track is February 2nd.

MB

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)