Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Accessing the uhd_usrp object

From: Sylvain Munaut
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Accessing the uhd_usrp object
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 17:12:25 +0100

Hi,

> Looking around I don't see where the pointer to the block is made globally
> visible.

No where.

There could be several UHD source/sink blocks, so nothing will be made
globally visible by GR.

> I have python code that creates the blocks and strings them together etc.
> but I want to actually access the created block from c++ code (in the mac
> block implementation).

You'll have to give the instanciated uhd source block as an argument
of your custom block constructor and play with SWIG to make the Python
object be converted back to a C++ smart pointer. Have fun.

> Let me know if I am seriously astray.

You are. Whatever you need to do, there has to be a better way.

Cheers,

    Sylvain