[Discuss-gnuradio] AttributeError while executing a simple example.

From: Rikhu Prasad
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] AttributeError while executing a simple example.
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 06:02:18 -0800 (PST)

HI,

I had installed GNU Radio recently and tried to execute a simple example as
shown in the image below. But it throws me the following error. I referred
various sources and I came to a guessing conclusion that this would be an
issue with installation. But I am sure, everything went right during
installing. I am not able to figure out what and where it went wrong. Kindly
help!

Error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/vishnu/top_block.py", line 85, in <module>
    tb = top_block()
  File "/home/vishnu/top_block.py", line 48, in __init__
    self.top_layout.addWidget(self._qtgui_freq_sink_x_0_win)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/gr/top_block.py",
line 100, in __getattr__
    return getattr(self._tb, name)
AttributeError: 'top_block_sptr' object has no attribute 'top_layout'

<http://gnuradio.4.n7.nabble.com/file/n44755/flow_graph.jpg>

Is the error due to the GUI component as I don't get the error when I
execute other simple example using audio source, throttle and a audio sink.
Could anyone give me an idea where would be the issue?