[Discuss-gnuradio] Programming PLL on RFX900/1800

From: Robert Light
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Programming PLL on RFX900/1800
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 12:20:06 +0100 (CET)

Hi, I have an RFX900 board and sometimes when I run usrp_fft.py and try to set frequency I get a message at the bottom of the window saying "Failed" or "Failed to set initial frequency".
The PLL chip is programmed via a shift register (SPI) and as far as I know reading from the chip is not possible. One can only write to the PLL chip (ADF4360).
So my question is : where does the "Failed" message come from? What and where is being checked to verify success or fail ?