Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Invalid Argument/Failed to Allocate Buffer

From: Ian Buckley
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Invalid Argument/Failed to Allocate Buffer
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 15:51:13 -0800

Paul, I read that as lack of available shared memory. I'm curious what result you get if you run the following at the command line:
sysctl kernel.shmmax

Not sure how you installed gnu radio, but if you used Marcus's build_gnuradio script then the following changes should have been made in /etc/sysctl.conf:

# Updates for Gnu Radio
net.core.rmem_max = 1000000
net.core.wmem_max = 1000000
kernel.shmmax = 2147483648
These would be considered good starting values for general GNUradio with a USRP work.

You can experiment at the command line to see if it solves your issue with:

sudo sysctl -w kernel.shmmax=2147483648

-Ian