Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] AttributeError: 'gr_msg_queue_sptr'

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] AttributeError: 'gr_msg_queue_sptr'
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 17:23:02 +0100

Hi Nada,
that's really hard to tell based on the information you gave.
I'm currently on the run, so I can't really look at the 3.6 branch and give definite advice, but: a) make sure there is no special c++-to-python gateway class for the things you're trying to extend b) look into the swig files (ending in .i), whether there is some special wrapping for gr_msg_queue c) in your build directory, delete the swig/ subfolder and rebuild; sometimes, swig/make do strange things d) are you really sure you want to do this? From my point of view I'd rather keep the "real" queue structure, and whenever my "consumer" is able to fetch objects from the message queue, it should probably get them all and prioritize itself; but however, there are strong arguments for your approach :)

Greetings,
Marcus